Thanks for your interest in a career with Tessa’s Bakery. We are a family run bakery and foster a caring environment within the bakery. We are always looking for talented, hard-working and creative individuals to be part of our team. Working in a food environment can be pressurised but at Tessa’s we try and make the process as fun as possible and there is always room for promotion for employees who prove themselves.
Due to the influx of applications received, please note that should you not hear from us within two weeks your application has unfortunately not been successful.
Shop Assistant/Front of House Team Member
To ensure that the shop counter displays Tessa’s product range to a consistently excellent standard of presentation in accordance with quality control standards. To serve customers and, where appropriate, to up-sell, whilst maintaining the highest level of friendly, personable service that makes shopping at Tessa’s a genuinely pleasurable experience for our customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Experience of working in a retail environment, preferably food retail;
- Good basic standard of literacy and numeracy;
- Excellent customer facing skills with good verbal communication and the confidence and ability to establish a rapport with customers;
- Good basic command of spoken and written English;
- Team player with the ability and willingness to work collaboratively and professionally with colleagues at all levels both within the branch and throughout
- To personally provide a consistently excellent standard of customer service at all times. To greet customers with a smile and to engage with them, providing accurate information about the choice of products on sale that day, including any ‘specials’. To offer suggestions, if the customer asks, and to sell and up-sell to meet or exceed the sales target;
- To set up the shop each day, working with colleagues to stock the counter, ensuring that the products are displayed attractively, are decorated to company standard and in accordance with Tessa’s policy and procedure;
- To keep the presentation of the front of house area immaculate and attractive. To clear and clean tables and surfaces, as required, and at frequent intervals throughout the working day;
- To make up packaging boxes for purchases that the customer is taking away;
- Working collaboratively with the kitchen team to replenish the counter as products sell, to avoid potential lost sales because an item(s) has sold out;
- To comply with Tessa’s protocols for cash-handling, including use of the Point of Sale system;
- To acknowledge any customer complaints and refer them, as appropriate, to the Team
- To report for work on time in accordance with the staffing roster; to adhere to the correct notification procedure if likely to be unavoidably absent or late that day;
- To attend and participate proactively in the monthly FOH meeting; to actively give feedback, to raise any issues and to contribute ideas and suggestions that may enhance the store’s performance;
- To undertake any other reasonable duty as required by the Company.