What do you get when you combine crunchy caramel popcorn, squishy marshmallows and oh so yummy Oreo biscuits? Only the best ever rocky road! And what’s more it’s easy peasy lemon squeezy!
So run off to the shop and fill your basket with these goodies and rush back home so you can experience rocky road heaven:
|600g||Good quality white chocolate|
|3/4 pack||Oreo cookies (roughly broken up by hand into pieces)|
|150-200g||Caramelized popcorn (homemade if you are a domestic goddess but packet bought is just as yummy)|
|Extra||150g white chocolate|
Making this rocky road is easy as pie, all you need to do is:
- Line a 12 x 8 inch baking tray with baking paper.
- It’s handy to measure out all your ingredients beforehand, as you will need to work fast so the chocolate doesn’t solidify.
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler over a simmering pan (or microwave but just remember to stir your white chocolate at 30 seconds intervals – you don’t want it to burn). Allow the chocolate to cool a little – if you’re too hasty you might melt those squishy marshmallows!
- Add all the yumminess of the marshmallows, desiccated coconut and Oreo biscuits to the chocolate and mix to combine. You’ll need to work fast as the mixture will solidify once the ingredients are added. Pour the mixture straight into your prepared tin and spread it out to every corner of the tin.
- Now to add the showstopper of this rocky road, the caramel popcorn. Add the popcorn straight away while the chocolate hasn’t solidified pushing it into the mixture as you go along.
- Melt the remaining 150 g chocolate and pour into a disposable piping bag. Snip the end and start drizzling.
- Pop the rocky road in the fridge and let is set for 15 minutes. Once set, cut your rocky road into squares.
- Take a big bite full of crunchy, squishy, mmmallowy rocky road heaven.
I hope you enjoyed that … until next time …