I am so excited to be able to blog about our little Anastasia’s Magical Day. When deciding on a theme for her First Birthday I knew I wanted rainbows, after all she is our longed for rainbow baby, our ray of light after the storm. We struggled for a long time to have her and fought through several rounds of IVF, six to be precise, several rounds of disappointment and the loss of our beautiful twins. Our journey was hard, but the moment I heard her cry for the first time, the moment I held her and looked at her through teary eyes, I fell in love and in that moment she completed me.
So needless to say when I finally got to plan her first birthday it was no-holds-bar, I literally went the whole nine yards and while hubby grimaced at the sight of our emptying bank account, he simply let me be as he knew how much it meant to me!
I must admit that unicorns are my guilty pleasure, it’s no co-incidence that we have so many unicorn cakes and treats. I’ve loved unicorns since I was a little girl and now I get to be surrounded by them daily.
Annie’s special day was captured beautifully by our friend Sheena Henry Photography and as usual Cape Town Balloon & Event Company didn’t disappoint with a phenomenal rainbow balloon arch that was truly such a showstopper. I hired a glitzy gold sequin table cloth from Grand Style Hiring and our friends at EPRO Products made me the silhouette unicorn in wood which I then spray painted gold for the backdrop together with gold and pink Ginger Ray fans and being a baking family we have no short supply of cake stands.
We chose four cakes for our cake table:
- A stunning two tier fondant cake, gold sequin bottom tier with pastel rainbow and a soft pink top tier with gold glitter unicorn silhouette topper. (R1,250.00)
- Rainbows and Unicorn Cake from our celebration cake collection, however we opted for a white chocolate ganache drip instead of the dark chocolate drip (R425.00).
- Sugarplum the Unicorn Cake our popular resident unicorn from our celebration cake collection (R450.00).
- And finally we customised our red velvet cheesecake with a pastel watercolour design rainbow icing, chocolate shards and meringues and a cake topper that read “Every Little Thing She Does is Magic” (R395.00 excl. topper).
We also had a load of fun making different unicorn and rainbow theme treats:
- We made Unicorn cake pops with pastel flower crown and used these awesome gold Ginger Ray paper straws (R25.00 each).
- Of course we had to include our uber cute Unicorn macarons (R25.00 each).
- We made a mix of chocolate, red velvet and vanilla cupcakes iced with pink, yellow and purple flower crown and Unicorn horns and ears (R28.00 each Unicorn Cupcakes).
- Of course my favourite treat in the whole bakery has to be our Oreo and Caramel Popcorn Rocky Road and I customised these with a pink, purple and yellow chocolate drizzle (R18.00 per Rocky Road bar – I cut my bars into three)
- Rainbow Rice Krispy Treats (R15.00 each)
- Rainbow Fudge – these were so tasty and the recipe uses marshmallows and white chocolate in the fudge so it’s not too sweet but totally tasty and delicious, I coloured the fudge in layers of pink, yellow and purple (R12.00 each – again I cut my squares smaller)
- Layers of white funfetti and pink coconut ice (R12.00 each)
- I filled a jar with rainbow coloured macarons (R12.00 each)
- I bought in some candy floss aka Unicorn Hair (R10.00 each)
- I bought in the customised cookies from our Cake friend Delight Baked Treats and Sweets.
I made little party packs for each of the kids using Ginger Ray‘s party bags from their iridescent range which I customised and filled with a few treats and Cristina from Little Wilds made each of the girls their own unicorn headband (these were such a hit with the girls who ran around pretending to be unicorns).
There were so many other suppliers that made the day simply perfect, we rented a soft play set up from Giggly Jumpers and a little toddler roller coaster which Annie enjoyed the most of all, we also hired a carousel from Kiddie Rides and a carousel jumping castle and the kids really had such a great day on all of these.
Annie’s first birthday was really a perfect day for us, I know she won’t ever remember the day, but it is a day I will never forget, it was a wonderful celebration, but really every day is a celebration with her in my life.
As you can see we not only do some amazing cakes for your little munchkin’s birthday party, but some awesome treats as well so don’t hesitate to contact us to chat about making your little one’s birthday extra special!